top of page
Chiropodist in Truro
Chiropodist in Truro

HCPC Registration



A Chiropodist / Podiatrist is a health care professional who has been trained to prevent, diagnose, treat and rehabilitate abnormal conditions of the feet and lower limbs. They prevent and correct deformity, keep people mobile, relieve pain and treat infections.


When looking for a Chiropodist / Podiatrist in Truro be sure to check the register to ensure that your treatment is provided by an appropriately qualified and regulated practitioner. 

As well as treating complex foot problems a Chiropodist / Podiatrist is able to assist with many day-to-day foot problems including (but not limited to):


  • toenail problems, such as thickened, fungal or ingrown toenails

  • corns and calluses

  • verrucas

  • athlete's foot

  • smelly feet

  • dry and cracked heels

  • morton's neuroma

  • flat feet

  • bunions

  • heel pain

  • ageing feet

  • blisters

  • sports injuries


What can a Chiropodist / Podiatrist do for me?


If you have painful feet, thickened or discoloured toenails, cracked skin, growths or any other foot-related problems you may want to see a Chiropodist / Podiatrist for advice and treatment.


Chiropodists / Podiatrists also supply orthotics (prescription insoles), padding and arch supports to relieve painful feet, knees, hips and back.


If your feet are generally in good condition, you might consider having a single session of Chiropody/ Podiatry to have the hard skin on your feet removed, toenails clipped, or just to check that you’re looking after your feet properly.


Your Chiropodist / Podiatrist can also help with more complex foot problems including preventing, diagnosing and treating injuries related to sports and/or exercise.

As a minimum an HCPC registered Chiropodist / Podiatrist will have either a degree or a 3 year diploma in Podiatry

(BSc or DPodM).  To ensure that your clinician has HCPC registration you can check  at the HCPC web site.

There is no difference between a Chiropodist and a Podiatrist, but Podiatrist is the more modern term.

bottom of page